Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm getting too old for this...


The old dishwasher gave up and it was time to replace it. Rather than spending the extra on getting someone to install it, it was decided spend a bit more to get the machine we wanted and do the installation ourselves.

Yes, there were several trips to the hardware store because now the manufacturers have decided to just leave out some of the necessary pieces so THEY can save some money. Several times Nina asked "Is it time to call the installer now?" but I wasn't going to give up.

Did you know that water lines only come in lengths that are simply too short to use. You have to buy more than one, and hook them together too! What kind of )*#*($&@^@* is that? After the third store, and I don't know how many trips back and forth, it's done. We could run the first load.

Of course it couldn't be that easy - yet. After that first load I found water under the sink.....so now I had to replace the splicer that connects the various water lines under the sink.  The pickup knew the way to the store - I just had to get in and start it.
The next loads were dry both under the sink and under the diswasher.

I'm done .... where are the pain relievers, because my body isn't used to this.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Dad!!! Watching all those Bob Villa shows paid off ... a little. :-)

    ReplyDelete